Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 - 1 = 1 :(

2 naps a day made for a happy Momma. It was my saving grace considering my child does not sleep through the night (and sometimes he is up WAY more than 1 time a night!) Morning naps were often nap time for Momma too and afternoon naps were my time to get things done.

Literally, Asher decided to drop his afternoon nap overnight! Sunday of the time change, he stopped sleeping in the afternoon. He had been sleeping 90min to 2+hrs in the morning and about 60-75 min in the afternoon. Well, not anymore. Last week, he slept about 2hr -2.5hrs everyday and only once took an afternoon nap, even as he yawned his way through the afternoon and was a basket case by 5pm. Some friends suggested he would possibly sleep longer at night, with only 1 nap, but that has definitely NOT been the case. After fighting it all week, I gave up. He is 15months and the 2nd nap had to stop at some point. I have moved nap time to late morning (11ish) and try to have him in bed by 6-6:15pm.

Of course, yesterday he decided to only sleep 50min so he needed an afternoon nap which threw off his bedtime! And today he only slept an hr, although I am currently letting him hang out in his crib, hoping he will whine his way back to sleep! Schedules DRIVE ME CRAZY!

3 Comments:

Blogger E2leigh said...

Since you are a first born, I find it funny that schedules drive you crazy. His schedule is about what Beth was on at that age. I'm finding myself much less stressed about Ian not taking full naps than I was with Beth. I'm sorry for you! It isn't any fun. Beth has decided she needs to wake me up once a night these days. Just because - Ugh! I love my schedule though, you can't pry me away from it for anything!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Luke + Melissa said...

I hated it when W went to one nap it's even worst when they try to go to no nap.

2:33 PM  
Blogger littlebeemama said...

Ugh, I feel for you, my friend. On the bright side, I found that eventually with one nap, she got used to sleeping for a longer period of time, which helped her sleep longer through the night. It did not happen over night for us, but I did see a change. So don't lose heart!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home