419th

This is the B-1b Lancer...or otherwise nicknamed "The Bone"
We finally found out where we are going after Test Pilot School!!!! There are 87 days left as of (3/17) and it was killing everyone to not know if we were moving or staying. Most of the jobs are here or FL, so we were prepared either way. Turns out they threw in MD and Vegas to the mix, so there were some surprises.....Without further suspense, we are HERE....FOR ANOTHER 3 YEARS!!!!! IN THE DESERT!!!! NEAR NOTHING!!!!!!!
Can you hear the joy in my voice?!?!? Although honestly, I am okay with staying. Everyone comes back here at least once after TPS, so I would rather get it over and just stay. Plus, I painted most of the house and this was our 4th move in 3.5years, so it will be nice to stay put for a bit. Andrew is going to be working with the Bomber Squadron (419th), which means the B-1, B-2 and B-52. He is excited because it means he will to fly a lot since there are more seats in bombers (as compared to fighters) It also means, since we are going to stay in base housing, that he has less than a 20mile commute on base (round trip). That is way better than the 19 stoplights and 35min commute each way he had in the Springs!
So plan your vacations to sunny CA now :) We are here to stay and although we are not really near anything, we are sort of near everything...90min to LA, 2hrs to skiing in Big Bear, 2hrs to Palm Springs, 3 hrs. to San Diego, 3 hrs. to Vegas, 5hrs to San Fran.....now if only it wasn't 35+miles to the next town!




2 Comments:
Exciting. Actually, I mean it. I am glad you will be at least settled for a little while longer. And, I think I will be planning a trip out your way sometime in the next two years. Hope all is well with you!! :)
Hm. Well, I'll add the Californian desert to my travel itinerary when I come back from Africa!
Post a Comment
<< Home