Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All boy...

What could be better than playing in the dirt (Ahem, I meant our "xeriscaped yard") in PJ's???
"Aren't you going to sit down and play with me?"
Asher is happy as a clam digging in the dirt and playing/eating rocks. He definitely does not have issues getting dirty, sandy or yucky, as previous evidence of his eating style shows!

"Isn't this a great rock Mom? Can I eat this one?"

His face is looking a little worse for the wear these days too. He looks like he has been in a street fight! Thursday he scraped his cheek and bumped the side of his forehead, Friday afternoon he fell at the playground and gave himself a huge goose-egg in the middle of his forehead, and Sunday morning he fell on our sidewalk, smacking his face and giving himself a bloody nose. I was almost to tears when I saw his nose start bleeding (it barely bleed - thank the Lord!) I seriously asked for prayer for my heart at Bible study this week, specifically for this stage. I don't want to fear or hold him back from exploring, but it gets hard watching him get hurt as he learns. I just wish he had a smidge of caution, instead of being willing to go head first off anything and everything! I don't know how much more of these learning to walk/being a toddler, bumps and bruises I can take!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home