Monday, March 29, 2010

Vegas x 4

So Asher has now been to Vegas 4 TIMES since October. I can't even believe my child will possibly think of Vegas as our "vacation" spot over the 4 years while we are stationed here! I still don't love Vegas, but I have figured out to make the best of it. (a great hotel room, awesome pool, 1 good drink a night and 1 morning to sleep in = Happy Momma!)

You definitely do not have fun in Vegas in the traditional sense when you bring kids along! Which is okay because the last time I partied like a rock star it was only at home and I payed for it dearly. I can only imagine how much of a "hot mess train wreck" I would be partying like a real rock star in Vegas! (the line h.m.t.w. is a favorite of my friend Laci!)

Anyway, Friday morning Asher and I headed to Vegas to meet up with my sister, 2 cousins and an Aunt and Uncle. We only stayed Friday night, but you can do a lot in Vegas in less than 36hrs! One of my cousin's (Megan) lives in Dallas and her husband(Bennett) was turning 40, so she threw him a weekend bash in Vegas. Britt (my sis) lives in NM and decided to drive up with Megan's brother, Scott and his fiancee. The Aunt and Uncle that my sister lives with in Taos were also there. My sister had never been to Vegas and we hadn't seen each other since June, so it was a great time on all fronts!

We had an awesome suite in the Venetian - picture step down living room area, king size bed, 3 flat screens, including 1 in the giant bathroom! She kindly shared her shoes (I now want a pair of Ed Hardy Converse shoes!!) and dresses (so jealous of her fab clothes!) and she actually wore one of my tops out to party in (don't laugh, it was a pre-baby/marriage top, back when I had some sort of non-mommy style!) I did not get enough time hanging out with her since I didn't have a babysitter for Asher - ie, I was in the room by 9pm watching Ironman, eating a food court dinner, while she enjoyed great sushi with everyone but it was still great to be together for the time we had. Asher loved playing with her and was, of course a hit everywhere we went!
If only I could chase Asher all day in such fabulous shoes without killing myself or my back!
This was just one of the wonderfully heated pools!
Any guesses, why there aren't any people?!?! (this is inside the Venetian along the Grand Canal- they actually have real Gondolas that you can take a ride in with a singing gondolier rowing you a long)
Because it was 7:30AM!!! Asher decided to wake up at 5:30, so we were up and out early, wandering the empty "streets".
Do you think he was scared? Or even looked back to check that I was still there? NOPE!

1 Comments:

Blogger littlebeemama said...

I love the last picture of Asher. It's such an artistic shot and it captures them at this age: fearless and ready to explore the world!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home